Dental Implants Edinburgh
Losing teeth can make the face appear sunken and drastically age one’s appearance. Thankfully, dental implants are designed to replace missing teeth and mimic natural teeth for proper support of surrounding facial tissue. They can be used to support dentures, preventing facial ageing and bone loss usually linked to poor denture support. In addition, they can replace full dentures.
- Secure Tooth Replacement
- Reduces Bone Loss
- Can Replace Dentures
- Just Like Real Teeth
What are they?
Essentially, dental implants are titanium screws that replace tooth roots. They offer a foundation for either fixed or removable tooth replacements that are designed to replicate the colour and shape of your existing teeth.
What are the advantages?
Although implant treatment can take longer and cost more than certain alternatives, they offer a permanent and natural solution to tooth loss.
The advantages of dental implants include:
- Aesthetic benefits: They function just like normal teeth and are designed to fuse with the bone tissue.
- Stability: There is no risk of them impeding your speech, unlike dentures, where there is a risk that they may move inside the mouth if poorly fitted and lead to slurring of speech or mumbling.
- No discomfort: Implants fuse with the bone to become a permanent fixture and feel comfortable and natural.
- Eating as normal: While dentures can hinder chewing by sliding around, this is by no means the case with dental implants.
- A confidence boost: By giving you back a natural smile and improving your self-esteem.
- No alterations of surrounding teeth: Bridges require other teeth to be reduced, which can affect your oral health in the long run, but no other teeth need reducing with implants, meaning that your existing teeth are left unaffected.
- Improved oral hygiene: Easy to care for and maintain.
- Durability: If taken care of with good dental hygiene they can last many years.
- Fixed position: More convenient than removable dentures and eliminate the need for adhesives, which can be messy.
GOT A QUESTION?
Brian visited us from the Isle of Lewis over a period of three visits and along with some routine work had a dental implant placed with a crown in his Lower Left back teeth. He was delighted with the outcome.READ MORE
Rona opted for a dental implant to replace a missing tooth which was restored with a natural looking crown four months later.READ MORE
Jacqui was referred to the practice by her daughter. Her upper right molar was extracted due to pain and abscess and the tooth was replaced with a dental implant.READ MORE
Brian came to the practice for an implant to replace his upper right front tooth. Following a bone graft, a dental implant secured his replacement tooth in place. Brian was delighted with the treatment and has since had an implant placed in his lower jaw.READ MORE