Damon braces are an innovative orthodontic treatment which uses state-of-the-art technology to move the teeth quickly and painlessly. The Damon system is a fixed brace that can be used to treat a range of orthodontic problems, including complex cases.
How do Damon braces work?
Damon braces use innovative friction-free technology to gently move the teeth into the correct position. The braces are self-ligating and comprised of special memory wires, all of which works to prevent friction and discomfort and shorten treatment time.
Am I a suitable candidate for Damon braces?
Damon braces can be used to treat a whole range of orthodontic cases, including complex problems related to the bite. They can be used to treat the following conditions:
- Overjet (protruding front teeth)
- Twisted teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Gaps between the teeth
What are the benefits of Damon braces?
Damon braces are an excellent example of the advances being made in the field of orthodontics. The benefits they offer include:
- Improved comfort - Damon braces use self-ligating technology and a slide system in the brackets to make changing wires quick and simple. There are no bands to be tightened as there are with traditional braces, which lessens pain and results in fewer appointments.
- Discreet - Damon braces are not invisible but they are much finer and more discreet than traditional fixed braces.
- Better facial aesthetics: Damon braces are designed to enhance facial aesthetics, as well as creating beautiful smiles.
- No tooth extractions - Fixed braces sometimes require tooth extractions before braces treatment can begin but this is very rare with Damon braces.
- Suitable for complex cases - Many orthodontic treatments are unable to treat complex cases but this is not the case with Damon Braces because they are very versatile.
- Better oral hygiene - Because Damon braces are finer than traditional systems and do not have bands, they are easy to clean and maintain.
Are there any disadvantages?
Damon braces are an incredible treatment and the only downside is that they are not as discreet as invisible braces. However, invisible braces are not suitable for more complex orthodontic cases and Damon braces also offer shorter treatment time.
How long will treatment take?
Treatment time depends on the individual case. However, on average, treatment times are around 4-6 months shorter than conventional fixed braces.